Principal Product Manager, Digital Messaging Products
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Product Manager, Digital Messaging Products
We are looking for a Principal Digital Product Manager, Digital Messaging Products, who will work on Capital One's conversational AI in chatbots, Amazon Alexa and more through the product development lifecycle. As a digital product manager at Capital One, you will employ a customer-centric approach and work with a cross-discipline (product-tech-design) team through the development of new intent in this emerging space as well as identify opportunities to increase adoption and scale.
The successful candidate will be able to leverage user and market research, industry best practices and design thinking methodologies to inform the roadmap. The candidate should be exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about translating customer needs into conversational and messaging platforms. He/she will also be able to demonstrate success within the new products by using both quantitative and qualitative measurement methods. You will have the rare opportunity to lead a digital product at the enterprise level and partner with line of business partners to identify how messaging innovations can help meet their goals. The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, self-motivating and has great attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document and prioritize product specifications including goals, use cases and requirements
- Work with Sr. Leadership to inform the vision for messaging products
- Be responsible for leading empathy sessions through user testing and focus groups
- Work with Tech, Design, and Product to ensure products align with customer needs
- Manage the day-to-day feature grooming and intent of the AI product roadmap
- Have a passion for outstanding digital customer experiences
- Be responsible for pilot roadmap and engagement strategies
- Product Owner responsibilities within an Agile environment, including documenting user stories, grooming intent, and ensure work is prioritized based on roadmap
- Work with data and analytics teams to collect, organize, and analyze metrics that will improve product as well as demonstrate business value
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information across the Enterprise with attention to detail and accuracy
- Gather customer feedback to validate that the product works against stated metrics. Prioritize and deliver necessary enhancements
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ability to work independently with directional guidance from leadership
- An ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Experience with agile product management
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Able to sell the value proposition of digital messaging products to Business and Tech
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities
- Efficient in analyzing data and experience/proficiency with MS Excel.
- Familiarity with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Familiarity with chatbots, voice interactions or conversational AIs
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year in Digital Product Management
Preferred Qualifications :
- At least 1 year Consumer Facing Product Management experience
- At least 2 years in Digital Product Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top