Principal Process Manager
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Process Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Process Manager at Capital One, you will be part of a smart, talented team responsible for creating and enhancing processes that deliver excellence to your customer each and every time. The Process Manager Associate will play a key role in delivering processes that impact the company's bottom line. In this position you will contribute immediately while strengthening your process management best practices.
We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, process professionals who excel in a team environment. This person will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to adapt to change quickly. The ability to influence up is key to success in this position. This is an excellent opportunity to continue your career in the field of Process Management.
This position includes managing a small, high-performing team tasked with delivering critical, high-profile work while balancing speed and accuracy. This includes highly regulated and urgent deliverables, data management, people leadership, performance management, and a focus on driving results. Background in agile/scrum methodologies a plus. The successful candidate will be highly fungible, able to quickly adapt to changing needs, and thrive on building and maintaining a robust organizational framework to ensure order and well-managed methodologies are in place.
- Leading and owning oversight of smaller process improvement work and collaborating with teammates on larger initiatives
- Collecting data and information and using analytics and reporting to provide transparency to senior leadership and executives
- Identify and implement process improvements driving issue resolution/risk mitigation activities
- Tracking and resolving process breakdowns
- Understanding customers' needs of the process and driving process improvements
- Developing and maintaining formal process documentation including procedures and process flow diagrams
- Acting as a subject matter expert to effectively partner with project customers to achieve desired outcome or improvement by clarifying needs and providing appropriate solutions
- May lead a team and/or direct others on projects
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification, or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Process management
- At least 2 years of experience in Risk Management
- At least 2 years of experience in People management
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 5 years of experience in Process management
- 5 years of experience in Project management
- 5 years of experience in People management
- 5 years of experience in Relationship management
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top