Principal Mobile Product Owner
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Mobile Product Owner
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! As part of the mobile organization within Capital One, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while managing current performance of our flagship mobile experience. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and taking it to the next level.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
In this role you will:
- Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance mobile products on a day to day basis. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth and disruption. You are a dynamic product owner familiar with Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
- At least 3 years digital industry experience for consumers
- At least 1 year Agile product management experience
- At least 1 year experience with native mobile applications
- 1-3 years experience as product owner in mobile applications with understanding of the mobile user experience
- 1-3 years experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- 1-3 years experience as a Mobile Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top