Principal Full Stack Engineer
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Full Stack Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
As a Capital One Sr. Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions - Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead and/or mentor a team of engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey
- At least 1 Year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 3 years of experience in AngularJS or ReactJS Web UI Development
- 3+ years' experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3+ years' experience in one of the following Build and CICD technologies lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 3+ Years' experience in one of the following Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 3+ years' experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 2+ years' experience with one of the following: HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 2+ years' experience with one of the following Agile methodologies: Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Certified in one of the following: Java, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top