Principal Financial Analyst
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Financial Analyst
TITLE: Principal Financial Analyst
LEVEL: Principal Associate
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional for a Principal Associate position in Commercial Banking Finance to support Commercial Real Estate (CRE). CRE is comprised of traditional products such as permanent and construction loans as well as specialty businesses including Multi-Family Lending, Agency / Warehouse lines, and REIT/REIF lines.
Analyze and forecast financial performance, management reports, products and processes as well as apply advanced forecasting techniques to key value driver forecasts. Develop and build forecasting models, research financial and economic trends for specific projects, and provide technical solutions for business analysis. Forecast important business variables, generate monthly/quarterly business reviews, analyze both historical and forecasting results, and make business recommendations. Develop methodologies and processes that provide transparency of performance and drivers to recipient businesses, and analyze current financial results to identify and address evolving business issues and opportunities. Provide management and business clients with project statuses. Perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests.
Roles require strong communication, problem solving, strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Partner with business leadership and other support functions to assess the financial, strategic and operational implications of initiatives to grow the business and improve operational efficiency
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Financial analysis & reporting: Accurately analyze & explain key revenue and cost drivers and monthly variances, suggest actions to the business, and manage the regular reporting process
- Budgeting, forecasting, and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Strategic analysis: Partner with business leaders and partner groups to develop business cases for strategic priorities; track performance and make ongoing recommendations to optimize performance
- Business presentations: Development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulating analysis and strategic and operational recommendations to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience in financial analysis
- At least 3 years' experience with financial modeling
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- 4+ years' experience in financial analysis
- 4+ years' experience with financial modeling
- Proficiency with computer programming (e.g. Python, HTML, SQL)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top