Principal Financial Analyst
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Financial Analyst
As a Principal Financial Analyst, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. This role encompasses analyzing and forecasting financial performance, developing financial models, researching economic trends, and ultimately driving Capital One's strategic business direction. You will have the opportunity to engage with business leadership and support teams to identify and address evolving business risks and opportunities within the Commercial bank's Capital Markets and Tax Credit businesses.
This role require strong communication, problem solving, strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Partner with business leadership to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts to grow the organization
- Build and deliver presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Financial analysis & reporting: accurately analyze & explain key revenue and cost drivers
- Understand key financial metrics in order to assess current business performance and add valuable forward-looking insight
- Develop intelligent forecasting models and establish effective approaches to best manage budget and P&L
- Build and deliver presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulating outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Collaborate with business leaders and support teams to drive strategic business direction
- Leverage the latest tools and technology to enhance current processes to become more efficient and effective
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload, while also being a team player
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience in financial analysis
- At least 3 years' experience with financial modeling
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 4+ years' experience in financial analysis
- 4+ years' experience with financial modeling
- 3+ years' experience in strategic analysis & planning
- Proven business relationship, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to positively contribute to overall success of the team
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top