Principal, Finance Project Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal, Finance Project Manager
As a Principal Associate, Finance Project Manager at Capital One, you will support and lead strategic execution of high priority projects for Global Finance. This role is within the centralized Finance Product Operations team and will be responsible for leading program management within the LIBOR Transition Program, especially in cases where the work requires cross-functional alignment. Experience in Finance, change management, risk management, project delivery, agile, data / systems implementation, and governance are critical to your success. This role specifically will support execution of and adherence to the Global Finance LIBOR Transition program implementation plans within Balance Sheet Management, Treasury and Controllers organizations. Experience with the associated functions, systems, models and processes within any and all of these spaces is a plus.
- Creating and/or enhancing holistic program roadmap, with delivery timelines and complete dependency view across multiple initiatives & deliverables
- Executing and leading ongoing processes to ensure leadership awareness, prioritization, and engagement of delivery roadmap
- Partnering with thought leaders and providing independent thought leadership to optimize processes and ensure consideration of all dimensions including risk and control impacts
- Supporting and/or leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction for projects and to leadership, peers, and stakeholders
- Designing, developing, and managing delivery plans in a complex, dynamic environment; revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Driving projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and / or escalate as needed
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills across a wide array of team members & stakeholders to ensure project delivers on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Forging relationships and collaborating with leadership and key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Identifying ways to improve and streamline business processes
- Exhibiting a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly build structure from scratch to manage work
The person will:
- Exhibit a desire to work collaboratively and independently internally with the LIBOR Transition Program team, within the broader Product Operations team as well as cross-functionally with all impacted customers across multiple lines of business
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts - Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Engage with leadership in a meaningful way to work through areas of ambiguous ownership, unclear timelines, and constant new churn
- Demonstrate the ability to operate autonomously in whitespace
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Be able to leverage his/her own internal sense and logic to provide leadership unbiased opinions on risks/issues and escalations when necessary
∙Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
∙At least 5 Years of Project Management experience
∙Masters or MBA degree
∙7+ years of Project Management experience
∙PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
∙CFA, CPA, FRM or other financial professional certification
∙Tableau or other Business Intelligence application experience
∙Strong communication and collaboration skills
∙Strong problem solving and influencing skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top