Principal, Finance Project Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal, Finance Project Manager
As a Principal Project Manager at Capital One's Finance division, you will lead strategic execution of high priority projects for the organization. This role is within the centralized Finance Transformation and Portfolio Management team (FTPM), and responsible for leading program management for the Capital Markets Analytics team, especially in cases where the work requires cross-functional alignment. Experience in Finance, change management, program delivery, product management, agile, data / systems implementation, and governance are critical to your success. This role specifically will oversee project work impacting Capital Markets and Balance Sheet Management. Experience with these functions, systems, and processes is a plus.
- Creation of holistic program roadmap, with delivery timelines and complete dependency & sequencing view across multiple orgs & deliverables
- Establish ongoing processes to ensure leadership awareness, prioritization, and engagement of delivery roadmap
- Partnering with and providing thought leadership to optimize processes and ensure consideration of all dimensions
- Leading large & complex programs by collaborating and providing strategic direction to leadership, peers, and stakeholders to ensure project delivers on intent
- Designing, developing, and managing delivery plans in a complex, dynamic environment; revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Drive projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and / or escalate as needed
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly build structure from scratch to manage work
The person will:
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts - demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Engage with leadership in a meaningful way to work through areas of ambiguous ownership, unclear timelines, and constant new churn
- Have the ability to operate autonomously in whitespace
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Be able to leverage internal sense and logic to provide leadership unbiased opinions on risks/issues and escalations when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of project management experience
- Masters or MBA degree
- 7+ years of Project Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Back to top