Principal Communications Associate - US Card
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Communications Associate - US Card
Are you fascinated by research with a unique eye for driving data-driven storytelling? Capital One is looking for a PR professional with experience in driving innovative consumer focused external communications and data-driven storytelling initiatives to support the US Card products and services.
The Principal Associate role sits within Corporate Communications, supporting the US Card line of business. The role is responsible for helping execute innovative consumer public relations campaigns that create and drive Capital One's awareness and business initiatives, to include product and service offerings and other brand building efforts.
The Principal Associate will have background in consumer PR with a deep focus in media relations, be a versatile writer with a keen eye towards interpreting data and trends into compelling consumer content, SEO know-how, strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Help plan, support and execute integrated PR campaigns for the Card line of business.
- Use data, research and an understanding of psychology to shape the narrative and create compelling consumer-focused content.
- Build and cultivate relationships with a large network of journalists, card and personal finance experts, academia, and social influencers; and work with them for consistent placement of data driven news stories.
- Analyze raw data, drawing conclusions and providing recommendations.
- Follow social trends, competition to develop new and differentiated story angles.
- Write content for external and internal communications channels.
- Curate and distribute trends and analysis reports.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Strong understanding and knowledge of consumer PR.
- Experience with planning and execution of performance-driven integrated PR campaigns.
- Deep understanding of analyzing data and social trends to inform new story angles.
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
- Be persistent in the pursuit of information.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Be goal-oriented, competitive and motivated by success.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking with an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage pressure, meet deadlines and monitor and evaluate results.
- Prior experience working with academia, research organizations, agencies and large corporations.
- Exceptional knowledge of PowerPoint and strong presentation skills; strong copywriting skills
- Strong understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques [i.e., SEO/SEM strategy development].
- At least a Bachelor's Degree OR military experience.
- At least 3 years of communications experience in Journalism, consumer research or media relations
- At least 2 years of experience in executing campaigns in an external communications role.
- Background in research, analytics and writing.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, SEO, SEM and media measurement and analysis tools.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top