Principal Cloud Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Cloud Engineer
Who We Are
Capital One is a technology company, a research laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand with over 65 million customers. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients - and data is at the center of everything we do. Capital One was named a Blue-Ribbon Company by Fortune Magazine as one of only 25 companies in the world to make their top company lists four times in 2015 (Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, Global 500, Fortune 500, World's Most Admired Companies). Come learn more about the great opportunities we have here at Capital One!
We are looking for a hands-on Principal Cloud Engineer responsible for supporting operations of a major service management transformation initiative, using ServiceNow (PaaS) in a multi-cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) environment.
- Support ServiceNow (PaaS model) in a multi cloud environment
- ServiceNow platform architecture understanding and administration support
- AWS operations integrated with ServiceNow (i.e. rehydration activities, IAM, security, etc.)
- Network, performance, code, and migration trouble shooting skills with ServiceNow APIs & platform in general
- Work with and debug SOAP, REST, JDBC, LDAP, PowerShell, FTP, Python, APIs, Scripted REST API framework, automation, and integration tools and technologies
- Troubleshoot LDAP, SSO, Authentication, Identity, and data integrations
- Operations and support activities within a DevOps environment
- Establish and maintain end to end monitoring in support of availability triggers for events
- Performance and resiliency architectures, testing, troubleshooting resolution including database, web server, and cloud infrastructure across AWS, Google Cloud & Azure
- ITIL and/or Service Management application experience: Asset, Configuration, Incident, Problem, Change, Analytics, Documentation, Service Catalog, and Workflows
- Act as Level 3 escalation matter expert to ensure platform stability and support
- Ability to work in critical on-call support across a team rotation schedule
- Willingness to provide support during scheduled off-hours and some weekend release activities
- Work closely with Architects, development and other technical teams to ensure ITSM tools are implemented in a controlled and predictive manner
- Interprets and follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of experience in technology infrastructure or business services in a support role
- Academic studies in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in any of either application development, Service Mapping, Discovery, Asset & Configuration Management, Configuration management, and Incident / Change / Problem / Request / Release Management
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top