Principal Auditor, Technology Audit
- Plano, TX
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Auditor, Technology Audit
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Principal Technology Auditor interested in becoming part of our Audit team. As a member of the Audit team, the candidate will focus on audits of critical technology functions including cloud-based technology implementations, application controls, and cybersecurity risks.
- Execute major components of audits, including critical technology functions, cloud-based infrastructure, cybersecurity, risk management, application, and third-party management, as well as lead small to medium size audits.
- Perform risk assessments of business units and technology operations, design and execute audit procedures to verify the effectiveness of existing controls, identify and define issues, review and analyze evidence, and document client processes and procedures.
- Understand the broader context and implications (e.g., financial, legal, reputational, etc.) of the various types of risk affecting the business and critical technology functions .
- Establishes and maintains good client relations during engagements. Communicates or assists in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Identify expectations of the client and take actions to support the client experience.
- Prepare clear, organized and complete documentation to support work performed.
- Self prioritize and effectively plan own work activities managing multiple priorities and tasks across the team to deliver quality results.
- Coordinate with others and proactively take on additional work.
- Deliver appropriate, succinct and organized information, tailoring communication style to audience.
- Effectively communicate information, issues and audit progress to teammates, clients and auditor-in-charge.
- Perform various aspects of engagement administration, including hours and budget tracking.
- Provide periodic on-the-job coaching and direct supervision over less experienced associates.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in information systems auditing, in information systems risk management, in technology operations, or a combination
- Master's Degree in Information Systems or Master of Business Administration
- Certifications related to Technology or Auditing, such as Cloud provider certifications, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- 3+ years of experience with IT control frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in planning and leading audits
- 1+ years of conducting audits of controls in cloud-based environments
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top