Principal Auditor - Quality Assurance
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Auditor - Quality Assurance
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a
dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance
services to the organization's Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is
considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services
industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced,
well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative, team
environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS
vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard creates a
dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Principal Auditor to join the Audit Practices
team. The Audit Practices team oversees quality assurance and improvement program,
annual planning and risk assessment, audit methodology, training, knowledge
management/board reporting, regulatory management, audit technology, and
department-wide improvement initiatives for CAS.
This position, Quality Assurance Principal Auditor, will be responsible for performing
quality assurance reviews and driving key quality improvement initiatives. All associates
are expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Coordination and execution of key quality assurance reviews, including major input to
planning and testing, as well as identification, development and documentation of
exceptions related to quality assurance reviews
- Deliver verbal and written communication to the audit teams and audit leadership
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with audit teams and audit leadership
- Establish and maintain good client relations within and outside the department.
- Design and execute best-in-class operational processes and improvement initiatives of
moderate complexity for the quality assurance and improvement program
Additionally, as part of the broader Audit Practices team, the candidate will:
- Provide training and coaching to audit team members during quality assurance reviews
as applicable, and the broader Audit Practices team
- Work independently under general supervision, and can exercise latitude for initiative
and independent judgment.
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to
work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in auditing or quality assurance review, at least 3 years
of experience in accounting, at least 3 years of experience in financial analysis, or a
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified or
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 2+ years of experience in Banking or 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization
for this position.
Back to top