Principal Associate, Primary Market Research
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Primary Market Research
Company & Department Overview:
Consistently named one of the 100 Best Places to Work by Fortune , Working Mother , and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, Capital One is leading the way in redefining financial services.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Capital One Bank is poised for breakout growth in the coming years. We're making significant investments in customer insights, technology, advertising, physical presence, and product enhancements with an emphasis on establishing lifelong customer relationships across a broad range of financial products.
Within Capital One Bank, we have a team (Insight to Incite) whose purpose is to place consumer insights at the heart of decision making, thereby driving meaningful action and impact. The Primary Market Research function is a key part of this team and is responsible for enhancing customer understanding and empathy, and delivering actionable customer insights that help drive overall Bank strategy.
We are looking for a motivated Principal Associate to join us at Bank Headquarters in McLean, VA. In this role, you will partner closely with team leaders and associates to develop, deliver, and apply business critical insights that inform key strategic initiatives across the Bank and support delivery of a differentiated consumer experience. Given the importance of consumer insights across Bank, this role has an opportunity for significant impact and growth.
Principal Associates serve as the main point of contact on internal partner projects, building trusted relationships to consult through evolving challenges, dynamics, and opportunities. Principal Associates are responsible for understanding internal partners' business challenges and applying creative problem-solving for and analytical thinking skills to develop data-informed recommendations and solutions.
As a member of the Insight to Incite team, the Principal Associate supports the ongoing improvement and evolution of consumer understanding and advocacy, learning, and strategy.
- A passionate advocate for the consumer - someone who loves understanding people, their attitudes, needs, and behaviors
- Strong analytical thinker with strong written and oral communications
- Thrives in a collaborative, solutions oriented, continuous learning environment
- Grounded in research fundamentals - understands what is required to get quality insights and can assess when and how to make tradeoffs between speed and quality
- Organized - can drive multiple concurrent projects to completion, prioritize across multiple requests, and manage a budget and time
- Skilled in storytelling - can influence by packaging and presenting insights in a compelling way
- Curious, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial - interested in proactively proposing and pursuing new research projects to address partner questions
- A great teammate - brings a positive attitude and is enjoyable to work with
- Able to effectively interact with and impact the thinking of leadership
- Is experienced in developing concise, professional written reports and presentations
- Is experienced in using existing tools to help think through a complex problem logically
- Is experienced in managing timelines and multiple streams of work
- Is experienced in conducting research, independently managing, synthesizing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, and drawing conclusions on insights that should inform solutions
- Maintain a network of internal partners within an area of the business to proactively identify and prioritize research needs
- Utilize knowledge set of research techniques to develop research recommendations
- Partner with and manage vendors as they execute research studies
- Make trade-offs in research design to accomplish project objectives while maintaining budgets and time
- Leverage, integrate, and synthesize primary research, other studies, and secondary sources to develop insights
- Present insights to business partners, senior leadership, and stakeholders that inform understanding and influence action
- Contribute to team initiatives to identify and share market research insights across the organization
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in market research, market research vendor management, or marketing strategy consulting
- Advanced degree in in Behavioral Economics, Business, Marketing, Marketing Research, Neuroscience, Psychology, Sociology, or Social Anthropology
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- 2 years of Consulting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top