Principal Associate - Market/Liquidity Risk Auditor
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate - Market/Liquidity Risk Auditor
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
CAS is seeking an energetic, self-motivated mid-level Principal Auditor to join the Corporate Audit Services team. The Principal Auditor will perform professional internal auditing work that involves conducting operational, financial and compliance audit projects and providing input to the annual audit plan. The Principal Auditor will be responsible for maintaining all organizational and professional ethical standards.
The candidate should have prior Audit or Business experience in the management and reporting of numerous Market and/or Liquidity risk management related functions, a strong understanding of Liquidity Risk Governance, Stress testing, Limits Management, Funding plan, Liquidity risk reporting, Market risk VaR methodologies, Risk Limits, Sensitivities, Market risk Capital, and other critical areas.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know how, so you'll want to ensure that technology doesn't scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Oversee major components of business units and lead small to medium size audits. Perform risk assessments of business activities, potential exposures and the materiality of loss. Design and perform appropriate audit procedures to verify the effectiveness.
- Design and execute internal control testing for operations of moderate complexity. Perform and often plan audit tasks of moderate difficulty, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements.
- Begin communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in auditing, at least 3 years of experience in liquidity risk management, at least 3 years of experience in market risk management, at least 3 years of experience in balance sheet management, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Master's Degree in Finance or Master's Degree in Economics, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Investments and Derivatives Auditor (CIDA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Risk Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 3+ years of experience in treasury, 3+ years of experience in market risk management, 3+ years of experience in liquidity risk management, 3+ years of experience in balance sheet management, or a combination
- 2+ years of experience in banking or 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top