Principal Associate, Incentive Plan Design
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Incentive Plan Design
Are you interested in joining a new team of compensation professionals who will work across the lines of business and stakeholder groups to enable well designed incentive plans that unleash greatness in our associates? The new Incentive Plan Design team will be accountable for consulting, approving and monitoring our LOB incentive plans. You will play an exciting and vital role in delivering on the strategy for incentives. You will need to have an analytical mind set interested in understanding how incentive plans are designed and then measuring the effective of the design including the metrics and risk balancing mechanisms.
As Principal Associate on the new Incentive Plan Design team in Corporate Compensation, you will consult with Compensation peers, business leaders, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management and other stakeholders in the design of incentive plans. You will work in a team environment to establish standards for incentive plans that meet internal and external requirements while driving business results for the lines of business. You will also collaborate with leaders across the enterprise to ensure incentive plans are designed to achieve business results while balancing risk to the organization and promoting a positive customer experience.
The regulatory environment surrounding incentive compensation is a key driver in how we manage our incentive plans and you will be a key contributor in designing new processes and monitoring to ensure we are compliant. You will have the opportunity to influence plan design, business decision makers and risk partners in driving effective plan design. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable navigating those complexities and develop an interaction model that brings to bear the various and potentially competing perspectives to come to consensus.
You will have a history of gathering requirements and digging into the details of metrics and control performance. Your experience of being able to translate these requirements into terms that others can develop solutions will be critical. In addition, you value the importance of ensuring strong governance for ensuring we effectively design and execute incentive plans to drive associate behaviors that promote a positive customer experience.
Capital One values complete collaboration with product management delivered through agile. This is a team environment and we are looking for someone who is excited to join this great team and even better company. The ideal candidate should also have strong written communication skills to convey complex information to the intended audience in an easily understood manner.
- Collaborate on development of standards for incentive plan design and monitoring controls
- Consult on less complex incentive plan design to ensure plans are appropriately risk balanced and meet internal standards for effective plan design
- Partner with ERM and line of business Compensation Consultants to complete incentive plan risk assessments
- Conduct incentive plan effectiveness analysis
- Create horizontal reporting of LOB associate monitoring controls
- Provide support during internal audit of incentive plans
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year working in a compensation role
- At least 1 year of experience in client facing or consulting roles
- At least 1 year of experience with excel
- At least 1 year of process improvement or program enhancement experience
- At least 1 year of experience working with large data sets to extract situational information and provide analysis and insights on the data
- 2+ years working in Compensation
- 2+ years of experience in client facing or consulting roles
- 1+ years of SQL experience and or advanced skills in Microsoft Access/Excel including VBA, and/ or SQL programming experience
- 1+ years of experience as a business system/data/financial analyst
- 1+ years of experience with agile delivery
- 1+ years of experience developing reporting using Blaze, Tableau, Gomez, or similar software
- Strong communication and influencing skills with experience building partnerships across both business customers and technical partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate across diverse cross-functional teams and coordinate the work of people outside own area of responsibility to deliver results
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top