Principal Associate, Cyber Resilience
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Cyber Resilience
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business, and commercial clients. Capital One is one of the nation's top banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
If you have a passion for growing cyber education and awareness across the enterprise, you may be a fit for our team. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the Enterprise Cyber Education and Awareness Program, as well as the Enterprise Phishing Program. This role will work closely with Cyber Communications, Capital One University, and Tech College to implement an enterprise-wide education and awareness strategy.
- Develop cyber awareness and recap articles for enterprise consumption
- Partner with Cyber Communications on strategic engagement of the enterprise
- Develop strategy for a highly skilled information/cyber security organization
- Support planning and initiatives for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Support strategy development and implementation for cyber education, awareness, and phishing
- Support the execution of the Enterprise Phishing Program, including the development of engagement materials and monthly reporting
- Coordinate, develop, and review cyber Computer Based Trainings
- Collaborate and liaise with Capital One University and Tech College to understand strategy and support enterprise education and activities
- Gather and prepare monthly education, awareness, and phishing metrics reporting
- Gather and maintain assessment, audit, exam evidence
- Develop annual awareness calendar
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong influence and communication skills with an ability to facilitate strong partnerships with business stakeholders at peer and higher levels
- Ability to translate technical information across all levels of the organization
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team, delivering high performance and customer satisfaction
- Willingness to travel occasionally to support key initiatives and attend events
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Information Technology or Cyber Security
- At least 3 years of experience in education, awareness, or training environments
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security or Cyber
- Experience with Tableau and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Knowledge of phishing and phishing risk
- CompTIA Security+
- 1+ year of experience with Agile
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top