Principal Associate, Client Development
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Client Development
As part of the Co-Brand Vertical Client Development team, you will own the development and execution of digital and print campaigns in search engine marketing, email, social media, landing pages and statements to sustain and grow one of our most important partners - Union Plus/International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and bring to market strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process management of digital and print campaign requests in support of new customer acquisitions as well as customer management marketing.
- Relationship management with the partner to ensure timely delivery of campaign requests and testing through clear management of expectations.
- Quality assurance to ensure that work developed is compliant with risk management policies and work launched to production meets intent requirements.
- Initiative leadership, providing intent ownership of strategic initiatives to grow new customer acquisitions and improve customer card usage while deepening the partner relationship.
- Collaboration with internal teams including Marketing Operations, Legal, Compliance, Card Marketing, and Business Analysis teams.
The desired experience and skill set for the ideal candidate include:
- Strong communication and influencing skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong judgment, leadership and integrity: the candidate should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a responsible approach to business while in a leadership position guiding execution resources and interacting daily with an external partner.
- Attention to detail: in a role with a high volume of campaign requests, ensure quality delivery.
- Clear results orientation: focused on achieving both short and long-term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment while overseeing multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- 2+ years of job experience. Previous agile and/or analysis experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or Military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in client management
- At least 2 years of experience in project management, or marketing process management
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing communications
- 1 year of Agile experience
- 1 year of digital marketing experience
- 1 year of experience in product ownership or product management
- 1 year of process engineering experience
- 1 year business analysis or data analysis experience
- SQL coding experience
- Tableau or data visualization experience
High performing / high potential Senior Associates are encouraged to post for this position
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top