Principal Associate, Card Risk
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Card Risk
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's greatest banks, and we have the necessary components to do so: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
What's even more exciting...as Risk Management is further embedded into our culture here at Capital One, it's quickly becoming the forefront of everything we do and you can join us on this journey! Card Risk is part of the first line of defense to help ensure our Company remains profitable and sustainably well-managed. As a Principal Risk Associate in Card Risk, you will be responsible for working with business partners and risk stewards across all three lines of defense to carry our agenda forward and drive strategic process improvements for several critical governance programs.
To be successful, this person needs to have a strong background in project or process management with some experience in risk, the ability to drive critical results while managing competing priorities and the confidence to drive a group to consensus.
- Provide Risk Support to Card Risk Assessment Team:
- Assist with Divisional, Business Unit, and Process Level Assessment Program work
- Assist with build-out of BAU processes and updates to comply with FRB Heightened Standards
- Best in class PM practices; create structure and routine to drive program-level changes in an organized and methodical fashion
- Leverage agile principles to plan and execute bodies of work in an iterative fashion by engaging key stakeholders in planning and retrospectives
- Manage team goals/progress/milestones through visual tracking, story-telling, and reporting
- Orient to ORM and ERM Risk Management Programs and identify continuous improvements
- Provide periodic reporting to key stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently to meet deadlines
- Strong influencing skills and experience interacting with more senior-level audiences
- Sound judgment and the ability to successfully navigate ambiguous situations
- Self-starter that can work autonomously and take the initiative; highly motivated
- Collaborative and brings teams together toward a common goal
- Experience in Agile environment or understanding of agile principles
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years project management experience or at least 3 years process management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certifications
- 2 years of experience in Risk Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top