Principal Associate, Brand Social Strategy
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Brand Social Strategy
What the Social Media Strategist will do:
- Work with Manager to help develop social strategy for Card and Digital lines of business across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc to support their objectives
- Develop compelling social media content that brings to life Capital One's key brand associations using a range of Card and Digital products as proof points. Campaigns may include our Savor, Venture, and Quicksilver cards, or Digital Tools such as our Capital One mobile apps and Intelligent Assistant capabilities (Eno, Alexa).
- Develop and present thoughtful, integrated briefs for creative, engagement, and paid social teams and advise on social strategies and recommendations that best meet the objectives of your lines of business
- Drive insights and learnings that help influence the Card and Digital business agendas
- Provide proper oversight of creative development (with internal creative teams or agency partners) to ensure marketing materials are on brand, high quality, unassailable, and delivered on schedule
- Manage input from cross-functional stakeholders (business partners, creative team, legal, compliance, etc.) and partner across the organization and various teams to communicate and manage projects
- Optimize marketing strategies informed by past results, market changes and consumer insights
- Work with community managers to ensure flawless execution, timely response, and consistent voice
- Handle various project-oriented tasks as needed, such as process improvements, calendar development and execution
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive strategies to identify potential challenges and opportunities in the short and long term
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience working with creative teams to develop smart strategies, managing agency relationships on both strategic and creative projects, developing paid media strategies for social, and influencing others across a variety of marketing functions
- Expertise across all major social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc. including astute knowledge of social media best practices and guidelines including: targeting, channel strategies, KPI development, high-level understanding of paid social media, analytics / insight tools
- Experience developing and executing Paid Media campaigns across major social platforms - preferably for a large consumer brand
- Keen process orientation and ability to work independently to resolve problems, yet with a strategic sense for how and when to effectively manage up
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with flawless execution while adhering to tight timelines
- Proven experience developing creative briefs and working closely with creative and agency teams to ensure we deliver on them successfully
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams, work autonomously, and navigate ambiguity
- Persuasive communicator both orally and in writing
- Experience leveraging influencers in social media initiatives
- Skilled relationship-builder with strong aptitude for client relationship management
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in marketing of consumer products and services with emphasis on digital.
- At least 2 years of social media marketing experience (content creation, social media advertising, social content strategy)
- At least 1 year of running paid social campaigns
- At least 1 year of experience with a consumer brand
- 6 years of marketing communications or 6 years of advertising with a emphasis on social or digital marketing
- 2 years of experience in financial services or other highly regulated industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top