Principal Assoc - University Events Strategy Lead
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Assoc - University Events Strategy Lead
With 12 different programs and over 1,000 hires, Campus Recruiting is a critical pipeline for talent at Capital One. Through proactive sourcing, innovative events, and close partnership with the business, we recruit diverse talent who will be our future leaders. Our culture and people are integral to our growth and success. We are looking for leaders who will challenge the status quo and develop their teams, all while providing a world-class candidate experience. If you are passionate about people and looking to make an impact on both our candidates and associates, then apply today!
Principal Associate, University Events Strategy Lead
The Campus Recruiting Team is seeking a Principal Associate, University Events Strategy Lead, who will be responsible for overall leadership of our on-college campus events strategy team. This team will be responsible for creating on-campus event strategies for all our core college campuses across all job families. As the University Events Strategy Lead, this individual will be responsible for broadly creating and influencing the overall on-campus events approach as well as creating and continuously improving event strategies across a specific region. They should constantly survey the campus events landscape for emerging trends, and be comfortable testing and learning different approaches to reach diverse candidates. This individual will also have responsibility for leading a team, both with direct people management as well as expectations for broader team leadership.
The University Events Strategy Lead is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with business partners, company leaders and the recruiting team to create and adapt our on-campus events strategy into a meaningful candidate experience that attracts new talent to our organization and exposes them to the amazing Capital One culture.
In this role you will also:
- Be hyper-focused on providing an exceptional candidate and associate/client experience with each and every event we host on campus.
- Be a uniter. You will bring people from all over the company (from our most senior executives to our newest hires) together for a common goal and you will inspire people to want to travel with you on this journey.
- Work closely with the larger Campus Recruiting Team to ensure a cohesive candidate experience throughout the full candidate journey.
- Measure impact. You will measure and track the success of the event strategy, analyze the return on the investment, and share out findings with key stakeholders.
- Be a people manager for a few associates, helping develop their career and providing guidance and coaching to help them be successful.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization.
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track performance, and drive decision making
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Create and influence broader campus events strategy across all regions while managing and implementing strategy and execution for one region of schools
- Facilitate/create training to make sure all associates attending on-campus events are prepared and have the right messaging to be effective representatives of Capital One with potential new hires
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Recruiting OR at least 3 years of experience in Project Management OR at least 3 years of experience in Events Management
- 4+ years of experience in Campus Recruiting
- At least 1 year of People Management experience
- 4+ years of experience in planning events
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top