Principal Analyst, Capital Markets
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Analyst, Capital Markets
This position in Capital One's Capital Markets Analytics - Trade Analytics and Valuation team offers the candidate a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic analytics and modeling team and work with various cross-functional teams, with a focus of providing expertise and leading data, process and analytics transformation initiatives and production support related to our Investment Portfolio valuation and analytics and CCAR/DFAST stress testing. This position will also be a key player in enhancing the valuation function and modeling framework to support the company's investment portfolio risk management practices and CCAR/DFAST stress testing processes.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Partner with cross-functional teams and drive data, process and analytics transformation initiatives related to Investment Portfolio securities and hedges
- Create and participate in Tech Educational Forums across the organization to deepen learning and apply it to the business processes
- Identify, prioritize and execute value added process improvement and automation projects to improve process efficiency
- Develop prototypes and run experimentation for business intelligence tools, solutions, and techniques
- Evaluate data management, data quality and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement
- Act as a key business-to-technology lead to leverage versatile technical capabilities to drive the development, evolution, and implementation of data products, which enable self-service by data consumers
- Provide production support for the Investment Portfolio valuation, analytics and CCAR/DFAST processes and systems
- Develop and maintain high quality and transparent documentation
An ideal candidate will be on the leading edge of analytical technology with a passion for the newest and most innovative tools. Possessing strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are also important. This position will be in a fast-paced and analytical environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams. You will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed process and data solutions and capabilities to tackle challenging business problems.
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 2 years of experience with working with any scripting language
• At least 2 years of experience in querying and analyzing data languages and platforms
• Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL)
• Experience leading projects to deliver complex process automation and data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
• 3+ years' experience working BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Birst)
• 3+ years of experience delivering Data Governance and Data Quality Management concepts and practices within the financial services industry
• 3+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top