Principal Accounting Associate
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Accounting Associate
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded?
Our accountants are masters of accounting principles with a flawless understanding of the full end to end accounting process. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious accounting professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. As the demand for skilled accountants is at an all-time high - Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Regulatory Reporting team as a Principal Associate. This position will involve assuring the accurate and timely submission of required financial information to our regulators including the Federal Reserve, OCC and FDIC. The role will review various regulatory reports that encompass information regarding all aspects of Capital One's business including loans, deposits, funding and investments as well as domestic and foreign operations. This individual must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, must be results-oriented with the ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines, and an Independent worker with strong organizational and time management skills
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Developing knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements and Capital One's products and systems that support the reporting
- Preparing or reviewing weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reporting for the various regulatory agencies.
- Requesting, consolidating, analyzing, and reporting financial data while adhering to regulatory, internal control and documentation standards.
- Partnering with data providers across the enterprise including with Accounting and lines of business submitting information to ensure accurate data and timely implementation of new requirements.
- Engaging in automation and process improvement initiatives related to regulatory reporting
- Supporting business and strategic initiatives that will impact the regulatory filings process.
- Staying current with industry and regulatory changes, including ensuring they are appropriately implemented.
You will have the opportunity to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced time sensitive environment. Your dedication and discipline as a professional will allow you to excel in a collaborative environment and make a direct impact to our regulatory entities.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of Finance, Accounting, or Auditing experience
- CPA certification
- Prior regulatory reporting experience at a financial institution
- Prior public accounting experience
- Prior external financial reporting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top