Pr. Associate, User Research
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Pr. Associate, User Research
Capital One's Experience Design Research Team is looking to expand its team!
Our aim is to fully engage our customers to radically change how they interact with their money.
In this exciting role, you will support research initiatives across many teams and play an integral part in informing our new product concepts.
The ideal candidate is insanely curious about consumer motivation and behavior and is technically adept to collect and analyze the right information to satiate that curiosity.
About the role:
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Passionate about using social psychology to inform product development
- Comfortable performing analysis on large datasets and working with analytics tools
- Analytical and driven by strategic approaches to problem solving
- Detail obsessed and highly organized
- Interested in consumer insight
- Able to work accurately under tight deadlines
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- At least 5 years of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- At least 3 years of qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Compelling communication
- MA/MS or PhD in a behavioral psychology field (social, consumer, or cognitive psychology)
- Experience with segmentation methods (cluster / factor analysis)
- Deep understanding of perception biases and personality research
- Experience using research insights to influence brand creation
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
To see what we've been up to, follow us on Twitter @capitalonelabs.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top