Pr. Associate Designer
Clarendon Center (12089), United States of America, Arlington, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Pr. Associate Designer
Founded in 2011, Capital One Labs is the company's experimental product & technology incubator and accelerator. It's a startup culture with the financial backing of a Fortune 200 company. With teams in NYC and DC, Labs is a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, developers, and other innovators who are committed to delivering revolutionary innovation that challenges how we all interact with our money.
In this exciting role, you will partner with Product Managers, Researchers and Technologists to discover, define and design products that address real customer needs. Your background in human-centered design will make you an advocate for the customer as you iterate and test your product concepts in a highly collaborative team environment.
About the role:
- You will lead UX and design experiments, prototypes, and brainstorms related to personal design work streams, which will require you to facilitate moments of collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders that influence design.
- You will push beyond the status quo to redefine best practices, discovering new approaches to making seamless, low-friction experiences for our new products.
- A typical day could have you in empathy research interviews, or building out UX flows in Sketch, or facilitating a synthesis session or partnering with a stakeholder to better understand their business needs, or observing users navigate your prototypes.
- You are a master of your craft, have a love of all things design, and realize the role of elegant design enhancing usability as well as aesthetics.
- Though most project work has multiple team members, you are independent and can work autonomously at times.
- You are future focused on what digital themes and technology are about to become relevant, and you are inspired to innovate around them.
- You are hell-bent on moving synthesis to insights
- You are curious about Machine Learning, AI, the future of payments, and the significance of customer identity.
- At least 1 year of running design sprints and facilitating multidisciplinary sessions
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with user experience (UX) design
- Master's degree in Design, product design, innovation
- 7+ years of experience with user interface (UX) design
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products or omni-channel services
- Front-End Development knowledge
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top