Portfolio Manager (Partnerships)
North York (93006), Canada, North York,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Portfolio Manager (Partnerships)
You will be responsible the facilitation, development and enhancement of the management practices for the Partnership Hub along with the Product Manager for the technical requirements to support Partnership projects and initiatives. You will work with technical leads and portfolio leads across the enterprise to ensure that initiatives across the organization to ensure prioritization and quality execution on the top organizational priorities.
- Champion the management practices for the broader Partnership team, leading and evolving daily hub sessions and ensuring the right people are actively engaged in the right discussion at the right time.
- Collaborate with portfolio Hubs to determine opportunities to collaborate, identify risk and improve our collective ability to deliver on our Mission
- Member of the Partnership Leadership Team including support of key meetings and presentations representing Partnership
- Work closely with Technology leaders to ensure the correct staffing is in place and prioritization across teams to deliver key projects
- In collaboration with Technology and Partnership leaders, manage the longer term technology needs and staffing across ARTs
- Deliver learning agenda for Product and Design community
- Improve flow and output metrics from product + tech teams
- Apply management skills such as communications and change leadership to help drive key priorities like product launches, technology changes, and continuous improvement
- Use a variety of techniques and tools to define, manage and improve processes, like Visual Management, Agile, Lean, and Six Sigma
- Communicate 'wins' and best practices to the rest of the organization; quantitative and qualitative
- Work proactively across the organization to resolve critical process issues in a timely manner
- Participate and shape Capital One's Agile transformation
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A passion for how we can use Agile and Lean practices to improve the speed and quality of delivery
- Well-honed relationship-building and negotiating skills; partners well with colleagues to work through cross-functional issues at either a business unit or department level
- A big-picture perspective with the ability to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational goals
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables, adaptable to changing demands and requirements
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence peers and other individuals who are not direct reports
- Effective change management experience, with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Excellent collaborative skills with the ability to drive results and successfully manage through adversity
*We will be moving to a brand new office at 161 Bay Street (across Union Station) in Q2
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience in a program management or portfolio management
- Certified in BPM, Scrum or Agile
- Over 1 year of experience working in an agile environment
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top