Platform Product Manager
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Platform Product Manager
Capital One is looking for a Product Manager to further differentiate its mobile products. You will have the opportunity to join our Digital team, leading engineers and designers in building award winning mobile applications and tools. Successful candidates will be comfortable delving into technical topics, producing thoughtful analysis, and presenting to a wide range of executive stakeholders. The Digital Product team is leading the way on Capital One's digital-first banking agenda and you will contribute in many roles to help realize that vision. You will conceptualize, define and deliver the foundation of Capital One's mobile applications, bridging the gap between business and engineering.
In this role you will:
- Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance web and mobile features. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth.
- Collaborate and work closely with internal partners. From software engineering, UX/UI, and analytics, you will be fostering relationships with coworkers across the company to support their efforts while delivering digital features and mobile applications at scale.
- Analyze user feedback and data from the existing digital platform and combine these insights with market analysis to drive product strategy.
- Advocate for the latest cloud, mobile, and software patterns that are relevant to establishing Capital One as a leader in technology-driven finance.
- Define product direction, prioritize and manage features that will deliver best of class experiences for Capital One consumers.
Candidates will have the following:
- A deep understanding of web and mobile best practices, and how these can be leveraged to drive customer engagement
- Proven track record in delivering products that generate substantial value
- High level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
- Can collaboratively drive teams and stakeholders with disparate goals
- Communication skills, be able to present to executive management often and in a compelling manner that emphasizes the important intersection of business and technology
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of digital product management experience for consumers
- At least 2 year of Agile product management experience
- 2 + years of experience in building online products
- 2 + years of experience as a Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top