Platform Engineer, Capital Markets and Analytics
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Platform Engineer, Capital Markets and Analytics
Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master engineers who can envision next generation software innovations that will deliver a rich, engaging and unmatched customer experience. In this role, you will design and develop cutting-edge experiences for Capital One customers, using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will work closely with both business and technical teams to lead the technology front of any effort, define improvement opportunities, design solutions, and implement change in order to realize quantifiable benefits. You will be responsible for documenting design decisions and developing software components while adhering to existing process guidelines. You will also act as mentor to junior developers, support QA during testing, and will have oversight during implementation into production.
We deliver using Agile Scrum and are tightly integrated with our business analysis and operations teams. You will lead infrastructure and platform activities of critical applications within the line-of-business (LoB). You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
- Build & Maintain large Windows clusters and Linux based systems
- Develop DevOps framework for COTS & in-house solution
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with IT leadership, process owners/managers, application/support teams, and other stakeholders to clearly understand and help them with their processes
- Ability to develop (or influence development) of a technical solution to solve a defined business or technical problem
- Lead infrastructure upgrades
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Conduct infrastructure design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide 3rd level support of software solution as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes
- Lead the group with AWS initiatives and migrating existing applications.
- Lead Big Data initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 3 years of Windows infrastructure support experience or at least 3 years of Linux infrastructure support experience
- At least 1 year of experience in system administration
- At least 1 year of experience in coordinating with various technology teams
- At least 1 year of experience in COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) packages
- Master's Degree
- 7 years of experience in software development
- 5 years of Windows infrastructure support experience or 5 years of Linux infrastructure support experience
- 1 year of AWS application deployment
- 1 year of experience in CICD processes
- 1 year of experience with Agile methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top