McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
You will be responsible for documenting design decisions and developing infrastructure and application components. You will deliver solutions throughout the entire life cycle from defining requirements through implementation, testing and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the functional and technical aspects of the platforms
- Able to troubleshoot complex hardware and software defects with low supervision
- Identify technical obstacles early and work to find creative solutions
- Educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Perform data analytics to support job functions
- Provides ongoing support to existing systems as needed
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing systems
- Defines and maintains system/application configurations
- Communicate technical info to peers, vendors and customers
- Can act as the technical lead for medium sized projects (project size or number of projects will increase with level)
- Conduct design and implementation reviews to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to meet acceptance criteria
- Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document system development and evolution
- Provide 3rd level support as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior team members
- At least 2 year’s experience in windows engineering or at least 2 years experience in Windows imaging, or at least 2 years experience Configuration - Management (CM12)
- Bachelor's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- At least 3 years experience as a Group Policy Administrator
- Proficient in Active Directory
- At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top