PC Service manager
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
PC Service manager
Capital One is looking for a PC Lifecycle Service Manager to join our innovation and support practice. As the PC service Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the lifecycle of our Associates PC hardware at Capital One including fleet selection and management, provisioning within our Service Now platform, inventory management strategy and end of life dispositioning. You will develop processes in support of our automation efforts to streamline all Lifecycle steps from procurement, provisioning thru recovery and disposition as well as partnering with the asset management operations management team who will drive daily execution of the processes.
As a member of the Capital One Tech team, your partners will be across Engineering, Procurement, Access Management and Cyber Security with the responsibility to deliver a seamless onboarding experience for our new associates. Success will be measured with shortened cycle times from initial request through delivery and minimal manual touches in the end to end process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide expertise, understanding and best practices around PC service design for a company with ~80k devices and ~60k associates
- Define processes and system requirements to support the systematic provisioning tool needs for continuous improvements in the PC hardware management environment
- Drive an end to end understanding of the PC lifecycle for Capital One, driving operational efficiencies and improved associate experience in our daily execution of the process
- Shifting from a reactive organization to one driven by accurate, timely data with an eye towards proactive monitoring, forecasting and planning to improve the delivery of our services
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the Power Up Innovation and Support leadership team on reporting, data and tool needs to ensure that this team can understand our daily operations and achieve solid business controls
- Partner with the various organizations delivering L0-L3 support in Capital One to achieve a seamless Associate experience around PC hardware, indifferent of the support channel selected
- Scanning the technical environments for new or better technologies to drive world class end user asset management opportunities
- Assuring compliance with internal audit requirements and government compliance rules in the end user asset management space
- Contribute and review solution designs across all the Power Up teams: ensure innovation, audit compliance, security, and business requirements are met, while also keeping a keen eye on improving the associate's experience with technology
- Maintaining efficient inventory levels of new and reuse devices to meet the needs of the business. Partner with peer teams to develop 12-18 month forecast models based on historical demand and future hiring plans
- Partner with other internal or supplier teams as needed (e.g., service management, software development, information security, network, identity management)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other technology teams and security policy organization
- Influence other members of the team on asset management techniques and the benefits of solid practices across the organization
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities and conferences, and reading professional publications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Mathematics
- At least 5 years of experience with end user service management tools and processes and at least 3 years of experience with supply chain methodologies and practice
- At least 2 years of experience with enterprise scale asset management
- At least 1 year of experience with ITIL Service Management practices
- Master's Degree in Business, Commerce, Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Management of Information Systems or Management of Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in Strategy Development
- 1+ years of experience with PC lifecycle service management practices and toolsets to include usage in the industry and system requirements and configuration
- 1+ years of experience with roadmap development, use case creation, strategy development, KPI development, metric creation and reporting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top