Payroll Tax and Accounting Manager
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Payroll Tax and Accounting Manager
Our US Payroll team is looking for someone who is motivated and willing to take on new and challenging opportunities. This highly visible role will be responsible for managing and strengthening the payroll tax and accounting control infrastructure and risk environment.
On a day-to-day basis, responsibilities include managing all payroll tax, garnishment, and payroll accounting activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Ensure filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns for multiple entities.
Duties include keeping abreast of tax law changes, providing proactive recommendations to leadership on payroll tax trends, maintaining relationships with key partner groups, acquisitions, legal entity, and other projects as needed.
- Manage and monitor the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities
- Identify and prepare tax registrations
- Respond to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies
- Research laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures
- Managing multi-state withholdings process
- Prepare special reports for management
- Investigate and resolve complex tax situations for Executives and Associates including multi-work state, shadow payrolls, expatriates, etc.
- Partner with other departments to provide technical support on payroll tax and accounting matters
- Review and provide recommendations on policies and procedures that support the associate experience
- Tailor and deliver communications in an effective, measured way to help influence the right outcomes with stakeholders and mitigate risk to the company
- Leverage natural curiosity to dig into payroll matters needing further attention, while using good judgment to analyze evidence and make recommendations
- Act as role model and champion for Capital One values
- Participate in internal projects to improve processes that require partnership with cross functional teams and demonstrate out of the box problem solving skills
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of multi-state or at least 2 years of multi-FEIN payroll tax management experience
- At least 2 years of people leadership experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Master's degree in taxation or accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 2+ Years of vendor management
- 5+ Years of payroll tax management
- Global mobility taxation experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top