Operational Risk Advisor
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Operational Risk Advisor
Do you want to be part of an organization that's dedicated to helping Capital One identify, manage and effectively mitigate risk - for our customers, our communities and our associates? As part of Operational Risk Management (ORM), that's exactly what you'll do. Working with talented associates, you'll provide oversight and effective challenge to help ensure that our businesses effectively manage operational risk. You'll also bring your unique perspectives and experiences to foster a more rigorous, curious, and creative environment and to drive strategic solutions.
As part of the Challenge and Advisory team, you'll serve as both an effective challenger and a trusted advisor, performing analysis on risk information to advance risk management practices in our lines of business, specifically for Technology driven activities. This team touches all areas of Capital One that incur operational risk - from new products to strategic initiatives to risk events and beyond. In partnership with your ORM teammates and key business stakeholders across the enterprise, you'll help lead the charge that will transform how risk-related data drives business decisions and, ultimately, how Capital One maintains a robust operational risk management profile.
Successful Risk Managers on this team think broadly across all facets of Operational Risk and use deep subject matter expertise to effectively advise and/or challenge first line business partners. They are highly adept communicators, influencers, and strategic thinkers. As liaisons between ORM and the enterprise, these leaders are also highly analytical and collaborative with superior judgement and project/process management skills. Whether consulting on large scale projects or interpreting the rapidly evolving regulatory landscape, they are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically inclined.This role will support Enterprise Services (to include Digital and Shared Tech) and partner with direct team across all deliverables.
A successful candidate will:
- Provide challenge for Technology driven products, platforms, and processes across Line of Business (LOB) first line of defense's risk-taking and risk assessments
- Evaluate the operational risk profile and risk analysis for our LOBs, culminating in quarterly Divisional Operational Risk Reporting
- Work across the multiple dimensions of operational risk programs and understand how they impact LOBs
- Lead analysis on risk information to gain risk insights
- Consult on initiatives, business objectives, processes, risk events, controls and/or monitoring
- Influence executives of key operational risks and actions needed
- Develop ad-hoc analysis, deep dive investigations and drive specific risk initiatives as needed
- Manage projects and lead workstreams that support project and/or team objectives
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Finance or Technology
- Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Accounting or Economics
- At least 7 years of experience in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance or Assurance within the financial industry
- At least 5 years of Technology Audit experience
- At least 4 years Consulting experience
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top