Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing NoSQL database systems, both internally and Cloud managed instances. The Database Engineer will help guide best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
The DBA should have advanced knowledge of NoSQL databases such as (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.) Including creation and implementation of fully functional NoSQL databases, ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production NoSQL environments with strong experience in performance tuning.
- Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Participate in agile process and analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for databases following database standards
- Assist in planning and implementing capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of company databases
- Assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Work with agile teams and product owners to ensure database design and performance meet business requirements
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions
- Assist in planning and performing database upgrades and migrations
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support and maintenance for existing and new NoSQL databases.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd tier, 24x7 production support
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiatives and conduct research into database issues, standards, and products independently
- Strong time management skills, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and balance priorities
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of noSQL experience
- At least 3 years' experience with developing, installing, configuring, tuning, and supporting database environments
- At least 2 years' experience with database platforms, including MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- At least 2 years' experience with data storage, data modeling, and data access patterns
- 3+ years' experience Linux/Unix shell scripting
- 3+ years working with Oracle Databases
- 2+ years of cloud experience (AWS)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top