Network Wireless Mobility Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Network Wireless Mobility Engineer
This position looks for a candidate who will provide consultation and engineering strategies for all 802.11 based requirements and deployments. Candidate must possess strong to advanced knowledge of RF / 802.11 WLAN application / theory, design and industry best practices. Candidate must possess in depth knowledge of Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi security, 802.11 Site Surveying, project planning, implementations and validation techniques. Candidate should have knowledge of several methods of implementing WLAN deployments based off multiple customer / enterprise scenarios.
- Contribute to enterprise network “WLAN” strategy, solutions and ongoing technology refresh and enhancements
- Provide input to enterprise network design standards and maintain document standards
- Implement project driven network designs and provide representation to board of reviewers
- Participate in technology integration efforts with other Capital One engineering towers to provide holistic and strategic solutions
- Engage with business groups early to ensure integrated network strategies are incorporated in the process
- Implement Wireless and a variety of Network design solutions
- Travel to remote sites (Domestic and abroad) to aid in “Pre-” and “Post” WLAN site surveying efforts
- Act as an escalation point for Operational Teams requests + problem resolution / root cause analysis requests
- Perform On-call duties for Engineering requests + Operational escalations
The preferred candidate should possess:
- Experience with design and configuration of data center and site LAN technologies such as Spanning Tree and OSPF
- Experience with design and configuration of WLAN / LAN QOS technologies for real time integrated networks including voice and video
- Experience implementing High-Density Wi-Fi solutions
- Experience with design and configuration of campus and remote WLAN network solutions Experience working in an Agile Scrum environments
- Proficient with verbal and written communication skills to engage and influence internal and cross functional team members
- Experience designing a reliable and extremely well balanced Wi-Fi client experience
- Proven previous years of experience deploying Cisco WLAN technologies
- Proven previous professional experience conducting Packet Analysis using Wireshark or equivalent tools
- Basic understanding of load balancing and deployment scenarios
- Basic understanding of CheckPoint + Cisco ASA firewall appliances and rules
- Basic understanding of Proxy
- High school diploma, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in technical leadership of large IT projects
- At least 3 years of experience in all aspects of Wireless LAN engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in 802.11 WLAN Site Surveying experience
- At least 1 year of experience in all technical aspects of Routing / Switching engineering
- Expert WLAN troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- CWNP Program certifications
- WLAN Vendor certification
- 4 years of experience in technical leadership of large IT projects
- 4 years of experience in all technical aspects of Wireless LAN engineering
- 3 years of experience with AAA and identity based access solutions for WLAN deployments
- 5 years of experience in all technical aspects of Routing / Switching engineering
- 4 years of experience with Aruba Networks technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top