Network Security Firewall Engineer
Benjamin Franklin (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Network Security Firewall Engineer
Provides IT network security engineering for new innovations, project designs, and standard development. Ensures adherence to defined Network Engineering processes and identifies and helps influence platform direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction.
- Provide Proof of Concept testing and business case inputs
- Enterprise network security solutions, and ongoing technology refresh and enhancements
- Enterprise network security design standards
- Design reviews and project engineering
- Acquisition integration for network security services.
- Technology integration point with other Capital One Engineering towers to provide strategic solutions.
- Feasibility engagements with business groups to ensure integrated network strategies are incorporated early in the process.
- Work with Project teams to implement Security Solutions.
- Analyze Firewall rules to categorize / prioritize the rules and recommend remediation action plans based on Capital One's Application types and Domain Boundary environment.
- Review Capital One's server / systems configuration & make recommendations as to best location for each system based on Capital One's target state Domain Boundary architecture
- At least 1 years' experience in Network Security Engineering
- At least 1 years' experience with Firewall technologies, including hardware refresh, software upgrades, and troubleshooting techniques.
- At least 1 years' experience with rule base design, rule base optimization, and global objects
- Experienced with Agile Scrum practices
- (ACE) Palo Alto Accredited Configuration Engineer certification desired
- CCSA (Check Point Certified Security Administrator) certification desired
- CCNA Security Certification desired
- Experience in Technical Leadership of medium to large IT projects
- Experience with the development and deployment of Firewall Solutions in medium to large infrastructure
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Engineering or Computers
- Ability to engage and influence team members as well as people external to the team
- 3 years experience in Technical Leadership of medium to large IT projects
- 5 years experience in all technical aspects of Network Security Engineering
- 5 years of experience with Firewall technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top