Master, Support Specialist
Knolls 2 (12036), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master, Support Specialist
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We are currently seeking a Principal Associate to work on our Availability Management Team to provide leadership during high severity incidents, and provides triage support and assignment of incident management activities for high severity incidents impacting IT Infrastructure and Business Applications.
During Triage Calls:
- Leads & Orchestrates medium to high severity incident calls
- Coordinates triage activities
- Drives triage and troubleshooting recommendations, and is the ultimate decision maker on triage recovery directions
- Provide oversight and direction to Incident Management/AMT
- Keeps ITO Leadership informed of high severity incident progress
- Directs work of Incident Management/AMT, Communication Specialist and System Monitoring specialists as required to effectively manage an incident
- Coordinates management of executive bridge calls
- Summarizes impact and current investigation/ fix status on a fixed cadence and keeps the triage activity moving forward
- Coordinates activities of a matrix team of technicians on the triage call to investigate unstable conditions
- and is responsible for making calls to run approved changes/fixes
- During investigation period, makes timely decisions to escalate the issue in predefined support chain of command
- Initiates and maintains viability of collaboration tool sessions during the incident
- Documents critical discussions and actions taken in internal tracking tool
- Sends enterprise-wide communications giving clear updates that can be understood by a wide audience
- Works with LOB support teams, System Monitoring and other technical teams to establish early detection conditions requiring incident management services
- Manages LOB Pods and is responsible for hiring, training, and overall performance of LOB Pods
- Assists in the specification, design, consolidation and support of monitoring tool configurations and processes. Plans and oversees the implementation of new technology and systems into the Technology Operations Center.
- Drives for opportunities to resolve issues at the point of detection
- Oversees collaboration tool sessions during high severity incident
- Owns the fidelity and response to the TOC monitoring and display setup
- Identifies improvement in monitoring tools, reporting tools and reported issues. Correlates alerts, events with impacts to proactively improve early detection
- Demonstrates deep technical understanding of the application setup and the platforms/technologies on which the applications executesexecute
- Partners with LOB IPS teams to understand upcoming changes, future enhancements, and recurring issues
- Partners with Problem Management for streamlined and value added hand-off
- Build relationships with stakeholders and customers
- Has visibility into key changes that could potentially impact system or business availability
- Works with the Incident Managers to improve their ability to manage incident bridges and understand technical issues related to incidents
- Review and provide feedback on Incident Manager performance
- Identify and drive initiatives within Incident Management to improve overall operations
- Remain current on emerging technologies utilized within the environment
- Shift work required
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years supporting Enterprise Level Technology
- At least 5 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- Master's Degree
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification
- 5+ years of experience in People Management
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management
- ITIL Certified
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top