McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
A glimpse of your day:
- Influence the technical direction of the project.
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software engineering leadership.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices, craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
- Work within and across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community.
- Innovate using cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking.
- Embrace and encourage teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 6 years of writing and maintaining production software
- At least 6 years of RDBMS experience
- At least 6 years working with network services and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP
- At least 2 years of experience working with REST services, microservices, and reactive designs
- At least 2 years of delivering software in an Agile development system
- At least 1 year managing teams in an Agile environment
- Experience with Java, TypeScript, and Go and a willingness to learn those you don't know.
- 2+ years of AWS experience
- Production knowledge of PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Practical knowledge of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming. Functional programming knowledge is a bonus.
- Basic understanding of containerization concepts and tools, Docker specifically.
- Basic understanding of Kafka and event streaming concepts
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top