Master Software Engineer, Java
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer, Java
We are actively seeking experienced Java Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a Senior Engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technologies such as Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS Ribbon, Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix), Microservice Architectures, AWS, REST, JSON, XML, SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, and PostgreSQL, to name a few.
- Develop applications using enterprise java technology stack and object oriented methodologies.
- Perform as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components including writing code.
- Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Work with product owners and design teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Partner with technology support teams to help resolve production issues in emergency situation
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead developers in IT projects
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years experience with Java Standard and Enterprise Edition
- At least 2 years experience with Spring Framework
- At least 1 year experience with API and Rest Web Services
- Bachelors Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience with Spring Framework
- 5+ years experience with Mocking framework for Unit Testing
- 4+ years experience with Performance Testing and Tuning with Java
- 4+ years experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 4+ years experience with Git
- 4+ years experience with Maven and/or Gradle
- 3+ years experience with Tomcat, Undertow and/or Jetty
- 3+ years experience with AWS Cloud
- 3+ years experience with Spring Boot
- 2+ years experience with Spring Cloud
- 2+ years experience with Netflix OSS
- 1+ year experience with Agile
- 1+ year experience with Jenkins
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top