Master Software Engineer, Front-End
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer, Front-End
At Capital One, we're constantly looking to reach our customers in unique, personal and engaging ways, while coming up with digital experiences that are authentic and bold. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of open source technologies, the latest in testing and monitoring tools, and cloud technologies to deliver amazing customer experiences. Our engineers are provided with the necessary tooling to develop the best possible products with the least amount of friction. We operate in small, productive agile teams and use the best industry tools to collaborate across the organization.
What you'll be working on:
- Building a new external-facing, digital product written with Angular 5, Typescript, Flex Layout, and Node.js.
- Optimizing the site with attention to code quality, performance, customer research results and analytics.
- Helping make sure we use convention over configuration and automation over manual processes at every step of the game.
- Create responsive web applications using semantic HTML markup and CSS based on static designs, wireframes and other documentation.
- Help build out our static site deployment pipeline through CI/CD to the cloud.
- Bring a security-first mentality to ensure the safety and privacy of our data.
- Perform thorough code review and cross-browser compatibility testing in development before moving the code to higher environments.
- Collaborate with our Design, Research and Product teams.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of developers. Help the team resolve roadblocks and issues, and interact with stakeholders, business owners, designers, compliance, QA, etc.
- Foster strong collaboration with the other teams building out our multi-tier application stack.
- Contribute to automated testing, including unit and E2E tests with Protractor.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 6 months of experience with Angular version 2 or higher
- 1+ year of production experience with single page application frameworks Angular, Ember, Vue or React
- 1+ year of experience with reactive patterns and frameworks rxjs and NGrx
- 1+ year of production experience with Node.js
- 1+ year of experience with security as it applies to Single Page Web Applications
- 1+ year of experience with CI/CD systems Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI or Drone
- 1+ year of experience with AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top