Master Software Engineer
- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
Are you excited by the challenge of building systems that help fight fraud for millions of consumers and businesses? Are you a passionate software engineer who likes to use a variety of languages and tools? Do you have data engineering, model training skills? Are you excited by building and deploying cloud-based systems? Are you familiar with microservices architectures?
We have several teams devoted to fighting fraud in several areas. Transactions, Payments, First party fraud, Third party fraud, Id and Auth fraud, Application fraud etc. The team you will be working with builds and enhances the authorizations platform to help process authorizations from VISA/MasterCard etc., detect fraud and take actions to manage our customers transactions. We fight fraud by solving hard problems with microservices and big data pipelines, We use models and features to continuously improve our fraud detection mechanism.
If you take pride in your work, love to write code in multiple languages, know how to solve complex problems, and want to see your work used in production, please consider joining our team.
- Designing scalable systems with batch and streaming data.
- Writing clean and concise code that is well-tested, easy to maintain, and consistent with existing patterns in our codebase
- Applying appropriate design patterns to given solutions and understanding the trade-offs between scope, quality, and cost
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- Be familiar with microservices architectures, messaging, loosely coupled design, NoSQL and relational databases, RESTful APIs, integration/load testing, and Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Communicate, Collaborate with PO and Scrum master on the sprint grooming, sprint planning and execution.
- Collaborate working with the manager on the roadmap with short term and long term planning.
- Work with the team to manage the workload and deliver the expected results.
- Work across the aisle to communicate and collaborate with multiple other teams involved in a large distributed platform.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 8 years of experience in software development including design, coding, and testing
- At least 5 years of experience with Java, Spring, and JUnit
- At least 3 years of experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- At least 1 year of experience deploying applications to AWS
- At least 1 year of experience with CI/CD Automation
- At least 1 year of experience with Scala
- At least 5 years of Linux command line or scripting experience
- At least 5 years of experience with high-availability distributed systems, multi-threaded applications, messaging, and design patterns
- At least 1 year of experience producing and consuming REST APIs
- 3 years of experience with Python/Shell scripting
- 3 years of experience with RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ
- 3 years of experience with Maven
- 2 years of experience with microservices architecture
- 1 year of experience with Guava
- 1 year of experience with Hystrix/resilienceJ
- 1 year of experience with Redis
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top