Master Software Engineer
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
As a Capital One Master Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. You will lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, get your hands in the code, while leading a team of high performing software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
Our team is looking for a Master Software Engineer to build forward-looking architectures that present innovative products and create great experiences for prospective customers on their credit journey. You would become an inspiring mentor for technology teams within Capital One. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to leverage a wide range of tools and technologies and act as a key member in leading our teams in developing and delivering production quality software that will have a direct impact on what is most likely our customer's first experience with Capital One.
- Demonstrate both inspirational people management and disciplined software development leadership.
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Continuously improving software engineering practices
- Building business capabilities on the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working on application programming interface and building out micro services
- Leading projects across multiple card technology teams for Capital One
- Providing enhancement s and support on current web services
- Interacting with on site and offshore teams to get real time updates
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participating in internal and external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Providing senior level support within our core technologies which include: Java, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and microservices
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 Years' experience in Application development
- At least 6 Years' experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, JMS and Java tools and technologies.
- At least 5 years of experience managing software development projects through complete release cycles
- At least 5 years of experience working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- At least 5 years experience in people management
- Master's Degree or PhD
- 8+ years Java development experience
- 4+ years experience with Relational and NoSQL Database Systems (PostgreSQL or Redshift)
- 4+ years experience with RESTful web services
- 4+ years of UNIX/Linux experience
- 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing (AWS)
- 2+ years experience in Dev Ops
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top