Master Software Engineer - Data
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer - Data
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great consumer experiences.
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of products and capabilities.
- You will build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners.
- You will innovate to deliver next-generation analytic capabilities in the public cloud
- You will transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our production environments
- In a cloud-based world where even infrastructure is code, you will develop and own all aspects of the business solution
- You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular JS, and an array of public cloud platforms.
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment.
What we have:
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Time dedicated to innovation to test cutting edge technologies
- Flexible work schedules
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years' experience with back-end data technologies (Hive, Postgres, AWS Redshift).
- At least 2 years' experience in ETL tools (Ab Initio, Informatica, and datastage).
- At least 2 years of coding experience in a scripting language such as Korn shell, and Python.
- At least 1 year of experience developing and deploying solutions in the public cloud.
- At least 2 years of experience programming in a Java-based ecosystem.
- At least 1 year experience in data processing using Spark.
- 2+ years of experience working with automated build, or 2+ years of experience working with continuous integration systems.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile or Scrum or Kanban or Lean development.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top