Master Software Engineer - CDN
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Master Software Engineer - CDN
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Capital One Software Engineer , you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about #lifeatcapitalone and our commitment to diversity & inclusion by jumping to slides 76-91 on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
Master Software Engineer
This role is for an individual contributor who is expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, this person must be an influential engineering leader with deep technical expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. They will significantly impact the tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation software.
- Perform full stack software development leveraging a test-driven development pattern
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify the build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline
- Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) capabilities for systems
- Build and maintain a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline using Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform, Docker, containerization, and scripting and object-oriented program languages to support the team's AWS multi-region/multi-AZ deployed production systems
- Perform complex application design and programming activities in the latest techniques and technologies: Node, Java, Python, Go, C#, netCore2, Angular, React, REST, microservices, AWS infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience programming in Java, C#, Python, or Node.js
- At least 3 years of experience with web application development using React or Angular
- At least 3 years of Content Delivery Network (CDN) experience using Akamai, CloudFlare, or AWS CloudFront
- At least 3 years of experience in cloud platforms using AWS or Azure
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years experience in automated delivery of code and infrastructure via the development of CICD pipelines
- 2+ years experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or Cloud Formation Templates
- 2+ years experience with containerization technologies using Kubernetes, Docker, or AWS ECS
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top