Master Software Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
We see opportunity to improve with our customers' ever-changing needs and endeavor to build smaller microservices, improve startup time, enhance resiliency and self-healing, so that our offerings continue to be relevant and competitive.
We are looking for someone who has created a cloud-native, highly-distributed solutions using Java to build performant, scalable microservices.
Qualities of a successful framework engineer:
- You have a growth mindset and see opportunity in changing customer needs.
- You are motivated by challenges and inspired to build innovative solutions that solve customers' problems.
- You are a passionate engineer with courage for experimentation with drive and focus to pull the thread through to completion.
- You explore technologies on your free time, reading up on new Java features in DZone, or scanning InfoQ for the latest Java trends, or picking out impactful changes from the AWS News Blog.
- You follow coding best practices and have experience contributing to OSS projects and embrace the open source way.
- You are customer-focused and actively help customers through support channels.
Bonus perks: hone your Ping Pong skills! We are within walking distance of a ping pong table and many skilled competitors are always eager for a challenge. Enjoy the snack room restocked daily and a foosball table too!
If you take pride in your work, love solving challenging problems, and genuinely care about improving the lives of other engineers, then join this organization that values talent and potential. Our tech stack includes Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey, Docker, AWS, Jenkins, Github, and a variety of other DevOps tools.
- Designing and developing quality code, following coding best practices and adhering to the GitHub fork and pull request model for collaboration
- Collaborating with other platform tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Owning activities that raise test coverage, code quality, and address security vulnerabilities and OSS policy license violations
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Mentoring other junior engineers
- Presenting and evangelizing at customer engagement forums
- Supporting customers in their use of the framework
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies
- At least 5 years of experience with Spring
- At least 4 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs
- At least 2 years of experience working with databases
- Bachelor's in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3+ years of experience in Build and CICD technologies: lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI or Postman
- 3+ years of experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 3+ years experience with Agile methodologies: Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- 3+ years of experience using scripting languages: Ruby, Python or Perl
- 3+ years of experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top