Master Software Engineer
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
As a Capital One Master Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java-based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
What you'll do on this team:
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring, Spring Boot (building Spring Boot starters), REST API integration points, and more! You'll also utilize your expertise in bleeding-edge, automation tools such as Prometheus and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing containerization and DevOps expertise (Docker, Maven, Jenkins), all deployed to a robust cloud environment (Amazon Web Services suite: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, etc.)
Your development, architecture, design, integrations, libraries, automation pipelines, cloud deployment, and overall software development lifecycle (SDLC) strategy will serve as the "spring board" for applications, not only within this team, but you will be creating the building blocks for which other development teams across the enterprise will leverage!
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years' experience in hands-on Java development
- At least 3 years' experience in AWS
- At least 1 year of experience in two of the AWS products: EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS
- At least 2 years' experience in Spring 4.0+ (Spring Boot)
- At least 2 years' experience in ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- At least 2 years' experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years' experience in hands-on Java design, development, and architecture
- 2+ years' experience in Python
- 4+ years' experience in AWS
- 2+ years' experience in AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, and RDS
- 3+ years' experience in CI/CD utilizing: Maven, Jenkins, and Docker deployed to cloud
- 1+ year of experience with Prometheus or other monitoring tools in a containerized AWS environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top