Master Software Engineer
Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
Whether a member of our engineering or architecture teams, Master Software Engineers are individual contributors expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, candidates should be influential engineering leaders with deep technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. S/He will significantly impact the Tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
- Deep technical experts, senior-level individual contributors and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, helping solve Capital One's toughest technology challenges, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of millions of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Leaders who gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executive
- In collaboration with the Product Owner, lead the design of new software capabilities for applications written in Golang
- Implement software designs on "greenfield" projects that are aimed at addressing non-standard problem domains
- Evaluate and recommend software components (cloud services, persistence technologies, etc.) that ensure scalability, performance, and maintainability
- Mentor a team of four software engineers to ensure good software design principles are followed
- Document software designs to ensure maintainability for future collaborators
- Design and implement CICD and "infrastructure as code" as part of a "you build it, you own it" responsibility model
- Implement monitoring tools and dashboards to ensure application availability and stability
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to define and schedule work tasks as part of an Agile project management process
- Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of Capital One's most critical problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of enterprise software engineering experience
- 5 years of building web APIs for high-throughput systems
- 5 years of writing back-end systems in languages such as Java and Go
- 5 years of using AWS ecosystem of tools
- 2 years building applications related to big / stream data processing
- 2 years of building microservices deployed as containers, preferably on Kubernetes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top