Master Software Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from feature engineering to backend applications, data transformations, DevOps, and more at rapid pace. All the systems you will be building will be highly scalable, highly available, lossless systems. You will be using AWS/Cloud Infrastructure ,Scala, Python, Spark, Akka, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Kafka, Samza, Chef, Maven, and SBT, to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- At least 2 years of experience working on large scale software development projects through complete release cycles and working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- At least 3 years of hands on programming experience with Python or Scala
- At least 2 years of experience with RESTful Web-services
- 3+ years of building highly available, scalable, lossless distributed systems serving huge data at a minimum latency with high throughput.
- 2+ years of experience building and deploying applications on cloud - AWS
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark
- 2+ years of experience designing/architecting Distributed Systems
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts
- Experience with AKKA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top