Master, Software Engineer
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master, Software Engineer
Do you want to re-imagine how we manage risk and build great products that users love? This may be the place for you, if:
- You're passionate about engineering and obsess about code quality, performance, and CI/CD
- You like to work with modern architecture and latest open source technologies: microservices, Docker, AngularJS, Node.js, Java, Python, Kafka, Spark, and many more
- You take an interest in infrastructure resiliency and how your code actually works at run time: OS, network, and AWS cloud
- You thrive in a continuously learning and collaborative environment by reviewing other's code and asking them to do the same for you.
- You participate in forums, hackathons, meetups, and conferences
- You own your work by building systems to succeed in production, and you fix them when they don't
By joining our Risk and Governance team, you will:
- Build microservices to fully automate and integrate the full life cycle of issues & events management into our real-time, event-based data ecosystem in the public cloud
- Build platforms and ML-driven capabilities to support investigations of Anti-Money Laundering and other financial crimes
- Develop governance capabilities for the company's advanced analytic environments where data scientists rapidly build and deploy models & algorithms
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience in Java and Spring
- At least 3 years experience in RDBMS
- At least 2 years RESTful web services experience
- Master's Degree
- 6+ years experience in software development
- 1+ years experience in microservice architecture
- 1+ years experience with AWS
- 3+ years experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top