Master Software Engineer
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
We are building something new. As a matter of fact, a new product category.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Do you want to work hand in hand with Machine Learning Experts and other brilliant Technologists? Are you motivated by the prospect of leading your own team to achieve something never done before?
Capital One is hiring for a Master Software Engineer to lead the augmentation of our Incident Monitoring Process, working heavily within the Machine Learning and data analytics spaces.
- Lead an agile development team in building a Microservices Platform offering core capabilities such as Distributed Streaming & Messaging, Workflow Orchestration, State Machine, Rules Engine, Analytics, and Monitoring.
- Work with our Data Scientists and Data Engineers to build a data flow platform for efficient real-time data processing and machine learning.
- Make use of AWS services such as Lambda, Kafka, Kinesis, Glue, Elasticsearch, Timestream, Neptune, and Aurora.
- Evaluate opportunities to leverage services offerings across AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Lead efforts to enhance performance and achieve targets; identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness; measure and track performance.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience building service layer applications using Microservices design patterns
- At least 4 years of development experience in an AWS, Google Cloud or Azure environment
- At least 2 years of experience in a Full Stack Developer role utilizing at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- At least 1 year of experience with Relational Databases, writing SQL queries and Stored Procedures
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile and ITIL methodologies
- 3+ years experience building several of the following types of services: Workflow Orchestration, Event Driven State Machines, Rules Engine, Distributed Transaction Queues, Data Streams, Analytics, Service Monitoring, Linux Daemons
- 3+ years experience building systems with several of the following services: AWS Lambda, Airflow, Kafka, AWS Kinesis Data Streams, AWS Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP security frameworks
- Experience with ReactJS, NodeJS
- Experience working directly with Data Engineering and Data Science teams
- Experience building metrics computation or consumption framework
- Experience extracting and implementing analytics patterns
- Experience implementing or supporting data pipelines, in Machine Learning systems (e.g. Spark, Flink, Hive, Presto, Kafka, Storm, Beam, Hadoop MapReduce)
- Experience with a Machine Learning Application
- Experience utilizing React Redux Applications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top