Master Software Engineer
- McLean, VA
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
Our team is looking for a Master Software Engineer to build forward-looking application architecture using open source frameworks, RESTful services and back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, NoSQL databases, relational databases, AWS/Cloud Infrastructure and serverless computing to name a few. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms to build cross-functional, multi-platform systems. You would become an inspiring mentor for junior members of the team.
Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
- Has a working knowledge of programming standards/languages and application monitoring services
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Working on application programming interface and building out micro services
- Implement automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting data centric platforms
- Has mastery over developing and maintaining containerized microservices
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed, to progress varied initiatives
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Able to breakdown complex integration and application monitoring issues and resolve them
- Looks to leverage and espouse standards across the team and organization
- Helps drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Providing senior level support within our core technologies which include: Java, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and microservices
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of experience in Java Application Development
- At least 6 years of experience managing software development projects through complete release cycles
- At least 4 years experience with RESTful web services
- At least 2 years of experience with designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile Scrum process
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS services
- At least 3 years of experience with AngularJS, React or Node.js and Java web applications
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with Docker
- 5+ years of experience with application design, architecture and development
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top