Master iOS Developer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master iOS Developer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on our award-winning mobile applications, cutting-edge open-source frameworks, and advanced components developed at Capital One. You'll help develop back-end systems, AWS services, and next-generation CICD tooling. You'll bring solid experience in a mix of emerging and traditional technologies such as: Swift, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML, HTML5, and AWS or Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Develop mobile client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adheres to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX, UI, Quality Engineers, Product Owners, and Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
- Be an active advocate of the mobile platform through both internal and external developer communities
- Deeply committed to writing testable code leveraging modern testing methodologies and tooling.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to mobile development such as languages, SDKs, wearables, and tooling
- Development on multiple form factors such as phones, tablets, and wearables
- Understanding of core mobile constructs such as layouts, views, or services
- Mentor junior to mid-level members of the team
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines including Mobile, Web, or Backend Systems
- Own and lead delivery of major components and platform needs in partnership with senior engineers and Architects
- Grow and provide SME level leadership
- Experience driving direction, driving consensus and delivering medium to large sized/complexity components independently
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with distributed version control systems (git or mercurial)
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 5 years of iOS development
- At least 5 years of Swift development
- At least 5 years of experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- At least 5 years of experience with productivity tools (Jira, Confluence, or Google Suite)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top